Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Central SC Cobra News and New Battery Uniforms

In the past couple of days Central SC Cobras FC have been very busy preparing for the 2011 season. Here's a recap of what's been going on:
  • The Cobras are finalizing the stadium that they will play in. Not much information has been released on this, but I'm expecting news on the stadium in the coming weeks.
  • Their first practice will be on March 1st, though tryouts will still be held to find some more players.
  • Central SC Cobras FC will be participating in an "open schedule" this year, meaning that they will not be in the USL's W-League, but will be playing many games against teams from the league. A schedule is to come.
Now on to Charleston Battery news. According to the Battery's facebook page:
"‎2011 Battery Home and Away Jersey to be unveiled at the Carolina Challenge Cup and will feature a new Battery badge and revamped AvVenta logo."
Excited, as always, to see the new Battery kits, and I'm assuming we will continue with the tradition of the yellow/black striped jersey for home matches, and the red/black stripes in away fixtures. Also looks like we will still be having the global marketing company, AvVenta as our sponsor. Hopefully we can get rid of the white box around the AvVenta logo somehow. That always bugged me for some reason.

Also posted on the Battery's facebook page was this picture:
Man I'm ready for the season.

If you need to contact me, e-mail me at SCSoccerblog.@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I was kindly surprised by the new Battery's uniform I liked those better than the old ones they had, and the ones that they currently have now are not that bad either

    ReplyDelete