Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lamar Neagle Playing in Preseason Matches for Seattle Sounders FC

Former Battery player Lamar Neagle, who played on last year's USL Second Division Championship team, is training with Seattle Sounders FC for the upcoming Major League Soccer season. He has been with the Sounders for the entirety of their training camp this year in Arizona.

In a game against Real Salt Lake on Tuesday, Lamar Neagle got the Sounders on their way to a 3-3 draw. In the 3rd minute, Lamar picked off a lazy pass and put it past the keeper and to the far post. Fredy Montero was subbed in for Lamar in the second half.

On Thursday Neagle also got playing time in a match against the Columbus Crew.Yesterday, Neagle got in and played for the entire second half. He was put in for Alvaro Fernandez in the 46th minute. If Lamar does make the first team, he will be playing with former Charleston defender Osvaldo Alonso.

Overall I'm happy for Lamar, though I would have liked to see him playing at the 'Baud this season. Neagle along with Heinemann and others will be hard to replace.

If you need to contact me, e-mail me at SCsoccerblog@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. you know that I met Lamar Neagle since he was very young, he was my classmate in high school and I knew he has some extra abilities to play in the first soccer division, kudos for him!

    ReplyDelete