Sunday, May 1, 2011

Central SC Cobras Home Opener 4 Days Away

This Friday night a milestone will be achieved: The first professional women's soccer team in South Carolina will play their first match.

I'm of course talking about Central SC Cobras FC, which plays its first match against the Charlotte Lady Eagles this Friday night. The process for the organization leading up to this achievement was not an easy road.

It all started back in 2009 when the Cobras were founded. The team was formed in 2010, and they were admitted in to the USL's W-League on April 1, 2011.

This will be a huge match for the brand new team, and they're hoping for a good crowd to be on hand at Ben Lippen High School's Hatthaway-Weeber Stadium this Friday at 7:00 PM.

If you need to contact me, e-mail me at SCSoccerblog@gmail.com. Follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/scsoccerblog.

1 comment:

  1. aww I remember that I missed that soccer match, I really wanted to watch it, but my wife wanted to watch a soap opera...but I watched the highlights later, it was a very good game in my opinion

    ReplyDelete